After you have whittled down the list even more through the telephone interviews, schedule a face to face meeting to find the best caterer for your event.
1. Ask to see photos of previous events. Notice how the food was presented, how was the staff was dressed? If they prepare food in their own kitchen, ask for a tour. Decide what type of service you want and the menu.
2. Tell the caterer what type of event you are trying to achieve. The atmosphere, food type and number of courses so your new caterer can draft a catering proposal. A catering proposal is a sample menu that breaks down meal courses or buffets and estimates the cost for food, service and rentals.
3. Schedule and book a tasting for the menu.
4. You will get the proposals from the caterers. Decide which ones to accept and which ones to reject.
5. Choose the one. Congratulations.